Ellie loves to eat! In the last couple of months she has mastered feeding herself. It’s not always neat and tidy, but she
really does an amazing job!
Her favorite is pasta. Seriously, when I make pasta of any sort, Ellie can out eat Calan. It is pretty amazing! How can she eat so much and be so tiny?
Before lunch… After lunch…
I haven’t found anything that she won’t eat… broccoli, frozen peas, eggs with zucchini, pesto chicken- you name it. But when she’s had enough she’ll let me know by throwing everything from her highchair onto the floor with great force.
Ellie never chokes. If something is too big or she can’t chew it up, she will simply spit it out. She is such a smart baby!
The only problem is that now she only wants to feed herself. I have to plan meals that I can chop up small enough for her to feed herself. Feeding her baby food with a spoon is now a no-go. Such an independent little lady!
Ellie has 2 new tricks at the dinner table. She has started signing the word “more”. She does it by clapping her hands together- which isn’t the correct handshape- but is perfectly understood just the same!
Her other trick is folding her arms for prayer. When I say to her “Fold your arms Ellie” She will clasp her hands together just the same as Cal does. It is amazing to me how much she learns just from observing the world around her. I love it!
Such a big girl!


