Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Sandbox

Last month Patrick fixed up the sandbox that was under the swing set.  It was a lot of work.  There were hefty weeds, but he got them all out, filled it up with new sand and made it quite nice.  IMG_5586

Calan has always been my little shadow.  He follows me around or asks me to come with him everywhere all day long.  The other day, Ellie was sleeping and I got busy doing this and that when I realized my little shadow was missing.  His independent play is a new thing so I set out to find out what he was up to.  I found him in his sandbox.  He was playing with his dump truck and having a great time. 

IMG_9704

I stood by the window and watched him for more than 5 minutes before he saw me and came running for me to join him.  I couldn’t believe how grown up he looked.  His little imagination hard at work brought tears to my eyes.  He is so incredibly IMG_9698cute. 

IMG_9702

The sandbox became an immediate hit.  Ellie loves to stretch out her toes in the sand.  She filled up her fist one time and got a good taste of it to know she never wants to do that again.  Smart IMG_9700girl!

Calan has played so hard he has warn out the knees in his jeans.  I love it!

So many wonderful memories being made outside in the sunshine. 

Ahhh, how we love summer!